I am thinking with all the things we have left to do and all the things I want to do I am going to cut the voice part of the sound project. Sometimes there is just too much, and decisions have to be made. That doesn’t mean I’ll turn down potential interviewees, but I need to concentrate on the most important things. It is now reaching the halfway point. I will definitely have a sound component but will use the sounds I have collected thus far. This evening I collected a lot of melodic samples on the keyboard. Now I just have to get Jen singing hehe.
We were talking earlier and I really think it’s true that to get good interviews you have to become part of a community and it takes time and continued effort to integrate. We are still very much outsiders, in addition to the fact that we spend most of our time in our creative bubble.
Nonetheless I am still very excited about my 8-channel interface, even if I haven’t used it much yet.
About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen