About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: Field Trips
We showed our house at Blueprint Records as part of Lethbridge’s Art Days. Here is Latifa installing the sound component of the work. It was great to see all that was going on in the community for the Art’s Days … Continue reading
Well, I’m back at home. What an experience the Gushul has been. I am so thankful to Trap\Door for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you Mike as well for everything you’ve done. I feel a lot more confident about myself both as … Continue reading
So we’re home now. Alberta Arts Days in Lethbridge was fun! Mike was great for letting us stay with him for the night. I will post more when I can find my camera in all the chaos of coming home.
Today, we climbed a mountain. A volcano, actually. It was humungous, and slippery, slippery, slippery! We survived and didn’t get eaten by bears. We were looking for geodes, because the hiker’s guide said they can be found there. We didn’t … Continue reading
So I guess I was one of the people who hated the Tree of Life. I really didn’t like that movie. But we had pie in pincher creek. Now we are trying to think of title. I have randomly generated … Continue reading
ok, so I was going through my photos . . . Well yesterday in the place of no return, my camera stopped taking pictures, it said the memory card was full. Which has never happened to me before. Luckily Jen … Continue reading