About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: Jen
I just wanted to say that this has been an absolutely amazing experience that I am incredibly grateful for, and feel immensely lucky to be a part of. This place is amazing, the studio is huge and has incredible windows, … Continue reading
Just to make things a little more well rounded I am going to include some of the exciting photos of Jen during our adventures. I am learning Logic 9 for the sound component of our work, which is a but … Continue reading
I’m realizing there’s big shoes to fill, in participating in the Gushul Residency. And also an interesting tie to some of my role models/some other fibre artists. Today we went out for coffee/lunch with Kristin Ivey, who did the Residency in … Continue reading
haha, it is funny to watch myself running back and forth. Yeah, it was a really beautiful day. The weather was amazing. Do you not agree that September is the new August? It was great to have my family up. … Continue reading
I am so tired. Today was a bit of a crazy day, but that might have been compounded by not sleeping well last night (in anticipation of today), “Fresh Mountain Air” as Latifa says, and all the excitement and stress … Continue reading