About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: Latifa
Well, I’m back at home. What an experience the Gushul has been. I am so thankful to Trap\Door for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you Mike as well for everything you’ve done. I feel a lot more confident about myself both as … Continue reading
I felt a bit creepy last night, filming Latifa as she worked. Here’s the video!
We’ve been working. I’ve been working on the house, making the slip cover and playing with the projection. Latifa has been working with the sound. The photos above show how excited she was about a breakthrough she had…. by a … Continue reading
Latifa has been working on this drawing for a while now…. these are just some detail shots of the work in progress. It seems to be influenced by our experience here in the Crowsnest Pass.