About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: News
This is a partial video of the work we showed for the Open House in Blairmore, and at the Blueprint Gallery in Lethbridge. It is a house we constructed out of scrap lumber, covered with white cotton, and projected images onto. … Continue reading
We showed our house at Blueprint Records as part of Lethbridge’s Art Days. Here is Latifa installing the sound component of the work. It was great to see all that was going on in the community for the Art’s Days … Continue reading
Well, I’m back at home. What an experience the Gushul has been. I am so thankful to Trap\Door for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you Mike as well for everything you’ve done. I feel a lot more confident about myself both as … Continue reading
It has come to our attention that there’s a bit of confusion about the date of our evening Open House…. the correct time and date is Thursday the 29th, of September, 7:30 t0 10PM, at the Gushul Studio in Blairmore. … Continue reading
Open House is today! Everything is clean and ready to go. Food is prepped, art is done, Latifa is sunbathing on the lawn.
I just wanted to say that this has been an absolutely amazing experience that I am incredibly grateful for, and feel immensely lucky to be a part of. This place is amazing, the studio is huge and has incredible windows, … Continue reading