About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: photos
We showed our house at Blueprint Records as part of Lethbridge’s Art Days. Here is Latifa installing the sound component of the work. It was great to see all that was going on in the community for the Art’s Days … Continue reading
Well, I’m back at home. What an experience the Gushul has been. I am so thankful to Trap\Door for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you Mike as well for everything you’ve done. I feel a lot more confident about myself both as … Continue reading
Today, we climbed a mountain. A volcano, actually. It was humungous, and slippery, slippery, slippery! We survived and didn’t get eaten by bears. We were looking for geodes, because the hiker’s guide said they can be found there. We didn’t … Continue reading
Yesterday we went out for nachos and beer to celebrate our being finished our beautiful as yet untitled installation. Yay! Poor Jen, I must talk her ear off. It must be all the coffee. She’s lovely to listen to me … Continue reading
Just to make things a little more well rounded I am going to include some of the exciting photos of Jen during our adventures. I am learning Logic 9 for the sound component of our work, which is a but … Continue reading
Today Latifa and I went for a bit of an adventure. We decided to check out some old buildings we saw just off the highway here in Blairmore. We probably shouldn’t have been there, but we were really careful and … Continue reading