About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: Process
We showed our house at Blueprint Records as part of Lethbridge’s Art Days. Here is Latifa installing the sound component of the work. It was great to see all that was going on in the community for the Art’s Days … Continue reading
I felt a bit creepy last night, filming Latifa as she worked. Here’s the video!
So I think we’ve decided on “Ephemeral Home” as our title. Latifa says, “It’s our ephemeral home, but it’s our ephemeral home. It speaks literally and figuratively.” We used a title generator to get things rolling, as we we feeling … Continue reading
So I guess I was one of the people who hated the Tree of Life. I really didn’t like that movie. But we had pie in pincher creek. Now we are trying to think of title. I have randomly generated … Continue reading
Yesterday we went out for nachos and beer to celebrate our being finished our beautiful as yet untitled installation. Yay! Poor Jen, I must talk her ear off. It must be all the coffee. She’s lovely to listen to me … Continue reading
Things are starting to come together. I’ve redone the slip cover, ironed it and put it onto the frame. We cleaned the studio, and have some idea where to move all the furniture for the open houses. Tonight Latifa moved … Continue reading