About This BlogJen+Latifa+Gushul=
chronicles the adventures of Latifa Pelletier-Ahmed and Jennifer Akkermans through their experience as participants in Trap/Door Artist Run Centre's Gushul Residency in the Crowsnest Pass. It was active only for the month of September 2011, the month the artists were in residence at the Gushul.
- Ephemeral Home (The Last Post)
- I found the Pass Herald article!
- Arts Days in Lethbridge
- Latifa’s Last Post
- Finally Home!
- Wedge Mountain
- The artist at work.
- White House. Er, I mean….
- Title Time
- Open House Clarification
- A few days left….
- Open House Today!
- Excuse me while I gush a while…
- It’s so beautiful I could cry
- Still working….
- Open Houses!
- Working, working, working.
- Sweet Panning in 5.1
- Walking, walking, walking….
- A Shift.
- About MP3s
- CREEPY update!
- You Can’t Get Away That Easily!
- An Interesting Outing….
- Star Falls/ Latifa’s First Interview!
- Some details of Latifa’s Drawing….
- Thoughts and decisions
- Stereograms and depth maps…
- A Couple of Studio Shots…
- Reaching out for Human Interaction…
- My First SIRD
- I made one!
- The Cos/ SIRDs
- Hiking Adventures
- Strange Dreams and Unearthly Delights
- Big Shoes
- Stereoscopic vs. Anaglyphic
- Re: Lundbreck Falls
- Visitors/ Lundbreck Falls/ Working in the Studio
- Bellevue Mine Part II
- Bellevue Mine and Burmis Tree
- The View From Our Front Window….
- Greetings from Latifa
- Day One – Jen
Category Archives: The Pass
Today, we climbed a mountain. A volcano, actually. It was humungous, and slippery, slippery, slippery! We survived and didn’t get eaten by bears. We were looking for geodes, because the hiker’s guide said they can be found there. We didn’t … Continue reading
Our Open House yesterday went really well. We didn’t have a humungous turn out, but we didn’t expect one. We had a good visit with Mike, Riise, and Arianna from Lethbridge, and met a few of the locals here in … Continue reading
I just wanted to say that this has been an absolutely amazing experience that I am incredibly grateful for, and feel immensely lucky to be a part of. This place is amazing, the studio is huge and has incredible windows, … Continue reading
This is a short clip of the video stuff I’ve been playing with….. all from walking around the town here, playing with my camera. Absolutely love the HD video function on my T1i!
Tonight we went for a walk with Kristin and her two dogs, Sadie and Rosko. We walked the Star Falls trail, which was really short, but beautiful, of course. Latifa was interviewing Kristin, for her sound work, which we have … Continue reading
Latifa has been working on this drawing for a while now…. these are just some detail shots of the work in progress. It seems to be influenced by our experience here in the Crowsnest Pass.